Friday 28 November 2008

Affirmations

What are affirmations and how can they help you create the life you want?

Quite simply they are positive statements that you say to yourself in order to make whatever you are saying a reality in your life.

They
are always said in the present tense. For example, "I am rich" or "I am thin". It's based on the belief that the subconscious mind can't differentiate between past, future or present and doesn't recognise negatives. So, for example if you said "I'm not poor" or "I'm not fat" it would just register the poor and fat and create more of the same for you. Bit like saying "don't think of a huge pink elephant". What do you do, yes you immediately see a huge pink elephant!!! So it's important to always state something positive and in the present tense. And you keep saying your affirmations until they come true.

Some people have great success with affirmations. My belief is that the people that achieve this relatively easily have chosen affirmations that they really do believe and so don't have much resistance too. If you have been overweight or poor for many years then saying "I am rich" or "I am thin" is likely to produce a feeling of disbelief. "Yeah, right, of course I am!". If you don't believe what you are saying and repeating, it is not going to work just by saying it and repeating it. And it is likely to take a long long time to produce the results you want just using affirmations alone. Affirmations work well alongside something else and when your subconscious belief is in agreement with your conscious statement

No comments: